Digital marketing (or online marketing) encompasses all those advertising or commercial actions and strategies that are executed in the internet media and channels. This phenomenon has been applied since the 90s as a way of transferring offline marketing techniques to the digital universe.
Parallel to the tremendous development and evolution of digital technology, online marketing has been experiencing, progressively and very quickly, profound changes, both in the techniques and tools used (and in their complexity) and in the possibilities it offers to recipients. . Let's see how.
How online marketing was born: from web 1.0 to web 2.0
The tools of digital marketing
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Display Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email marketing
3. Content marketing
4. Social media marketing
5. Display marketing
6. Affiliate Marketing
7. Email marketing
The advantages of digital marketing or online marketing:
- Affordable costs. Online marketing is affordable in terms of budget, especially when compared to traditional marketing channels such as television, radio or the press.
- Greater capacity to control, optimize and correct campaigns due to the collection and possibility of consulting in real time the results obtained, in addition, in an exact manner.
- Great flexibility and dynamism . With the possibility of carrying out tests and changes on the fly based on the results obtained and the behavior of the users regarding a campaign.
- It allows a very specific, personalized and precise segmentation. In an online marketing campaign, the company can segment its campaigns taking into account the sociodemographic and psychological data of the users, as well as their behavior on the Internet.
- It allows an exact measurement of the campaign. Results obtained, benefits, return on investment (ROI), etc.