The energy certification is based on obtaining a document that will describe how effective is a building in terms of energy consumption. The Energy Rating of the good is determined by an energy label.
This document is governed by Royal Decree 235/2013 of April 5, which approves the “ Basic Procedure for the Certification of Energy Efficiency of Buildings " With entry into force at the National level since 05/14/2013.
What regulations on energy certification of buildings are applicable in Australia?
- The applicable regulations in Australia are those contained in Royal Decree 235/2013 of April 5, 2013, published in the BOE of April 13, 2013. "Basic procedure for the Certification of Energy Efficiency of Buildings ".
- In addition, with the new Law 8/2013 on Urban Rehabilitation , Regeneration and Renovation, the infractions and sanctions regarding energy certification are already clearly determined.
- Royal Decree 564/2017 , of June 2, which modifies Royal Decree 235/2013, of April 5, which approves the basic procedure for the certification of the energy efficiency of buildings.
What properties are required to obtain the Energy Certificate?
Private properties : It will be enforceable for all private properties in the contracts of sale or lease as of June 1, 2013. Both in Private building certifier or parts thereof, new or already existing.
Public property : The buildings or units of existing buildings occupied by a public authority referred to in Article 2.1.d = (Buildings or parts of existing buildings that are sold or rented to a new tenant, provided they do not have a certificate in force )
What does the Energy Certificate contain?
This document contains about 10 sheets, by the simplified method. To which it will be possible to provide - voluntarily - all the complementary information that the Certifying Technician deems appropriate.
Example as complements: Cadastral Doc, Photographs of the property, sketch of the envelope of the property and Doc. Annex directed to the consumer where we offer a guide with Report or guidelines so that its disbursement at the end of the month - with reference to the expenses in energy - lower on your bills. Obviously, this point may influence the price offered by the Technician to the client.What is the Energy Label for, characteristics and doubts?
The building's energy efficiency certificate must be submitted, by the developer, or owner, where appropriate, to the competent body of the Autonomous Community in matters of energy certification of buildings (As stated in the Law), for the registration of these certifications in its territorial scope. With which a Registration Number will be obtained.
How does the Qualified Technician carry out the work?
The technician must undertake the following steps:
- Physically visit the property.
- Take measurements, photographs, checks and data collection.
- Transfer field information to approved programs.
- Write the measures to improve energy efficiency.
- Drafting of the Energy Certificate and delivery to the client.
What is the price of the Energy Certificate?
To this day, the market has not consistently regulated the value of such a document. In the coming months it will be established based on supply and demand.
Energy Certificate Value = Cost of writing Report (including visit to the property) + Cost of Registration
What are the Energy Certification Reports for?
The energy certificates serve as information for future tenants and buyers. It reports on the energy behavior of a property , that is, the energy consumption of a home that is reflected in the electricity, water and gas bills.
A sufficient number of measures are incorporated, recommended by the competent technician, so that the property consumes less and the amounts of the invoices are reduced. It comes as an obligation from the European Community.